Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers. Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt. add rice to beef mixture. Green bell peppers stuffed with ground beef, rice, and sharp Cheddar cheese are a hearty meal perfect for weeknight dinners. Each green bell pepper contains ground beef, onion, tomatoes, rice and cheese, and is cooked in tomato soup.
Easy cheesy stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, cheddar, green onions, and cumin. These Cheesy Stuffed Peppers are a crowd favorite and family approved! Tender peppers stuffed with ground beef, rice, cheese, and more! You must prepare Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers using 11 active ingredients and 10 actions. Right here is you just how to prepare the best foods for your household.
Active ingredients of Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
- Require 4 of large green bell peppers.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1 lb of lean ground mince.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of chicken (or beef) boullion cube.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Greek seasoning.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of tin diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked long grain rice.
- It’s 1 cup of (+ extra) grated hard cheese, eg cheddar.
Ingredients for Stuffed Bell Peppers: Green bell peppers – red or yellow would also be fine. Lean ground beef – ground turkey or chicken would be a great. These stuffed bell peppers are full of meat, cheese, rice, and spices! I was so happy to see green bell peppers on sale.
Cheesy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers stage direction
- Cut off the tops of the green peppers so that they are all the same height. Remove and discard the seeds and membranes. Keep the tops..
- Finely chop the tops of the peppers after discarding the stalks..
- Place whole peppers in a pan of boiling water so they are completely covered. Boil for 5 minutes. Remove and drain upside down on paper towel..
- Lightly sprinkle the inside of the peppers with salt..
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet, breaking up any lumps. Add the chopped onion and tops of green pepper and cook until tender..
- Add the minced garlic, boullion cube, Worcestershire sauce and Greek seasoning. Stir and cook for 3 minutes..
- Add the tin of diced tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the cooked rice and cup of grated cheese. Stir to combine and heat through..
- Stuff the green peppers with the beef mixture..
- Place the stuffed green peppers in a baking dish, cover with foil and cook in 350°F oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, add remaining cheese to top of peppers and cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes..
- Serve with a vegetable side or salad. Enjoy!.
Of course when I got them I couldn't think of anything I wanted to make. This is my favorite summertime supper because I can use peppers and tomatoes fresh from my garden.—Betty DeRoad, Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Drain peppers and stuff with meat mixture. Green bell peppers stuffed with ground beef, rice, and sharp Cheddar cheese are a hearty meal perfect for weeknight dinners. Stuffed green peppers with rice and sausage in cheesy tomato sauce.