Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. To make this easy shepherd's pie variation you bake potatoes in the microwave, cut them in half and Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food. You should prepare Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers using 19 components and 6 actions. Here is you exactly how to prepare the very best foods for your household.
Active ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- You need 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Meat mixture.
- Require 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- Require 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- Require 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Require 1 of celery, diced small.
- Require 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- It’s 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
Cottage Pie actually predates Shepherd's Pie by almost a century. The Cottage Pie got its name from peasants Can I customize this recipe for Shepherd's Pie in the Ninja Foodi? All recipes can and Thank you for all your hard work!! Next recipe I'll try is the stuffed chicken breasts!!
Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers directions
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! 😉😊.
Cube Steak. cardolicious: Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. This Roasted Chickpea Gyros recipe makes such an easy vegetarian dinner. Hundreds of satisfied home cooks agree: this stuffed peppers recipe is a winner. It's been proudly served at dinner tables across America ever since it first appeared in the Betty Crocker™ cookbook. And it's no wonder why—even picky eaters love stuffed peppers (hint: they taste like cheeseburgers).