Grandma's Rhubarb Crisp. One of many treasured recipes I found in my Grandma's recipe box. It's easy to make and tickles the taste buds. Add rhubarb to mixture and stir to combine.
It is my preferred topping for all. Old-Fashioned Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp has a generous crumbly oat topping to complement the tangy filling. The recipe is best served warm with ice. You can cook Grandma's Rhubarb Crisp using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Rhubarb Crisp
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- It’s 1 cup of light brown sugar, firmly packed.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of quick cooking rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 4 cup of rhubarb.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
When you think of rhubarb you probably think of strawberry-rhubarb pie, a quintessential spring dessert, especially if it's made by someone who Rhubarb Crisp. This RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE with PICTURES is easy and quick to make with oatmeal and fresh This Rhubarb Crisp Recipe is easy and quick to make and FULL of flavour! You can serve it warm or. Rhubarb crisp is an easy to make dessert.
Grandma's Rhubarb Crisp guidances
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl combine brown sugar,flour, oats, butter and cinnamon; mix until crumbly..
- Press half of this mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish..
- Top with sliced rhubarb..
- In a saucepan combine 1 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and the 1 cup water and vanilla..
- Cook together until clear ( stirring), then pour over rhubarb..
- Top with remaining crumb mixture and bake at 350 ° for 45 to 55 minutes..
Sweet-tart rhubarb is topped with a buttery oat crumble and baked until Rhubarb Crisp is a delicious and easy dessert that takes just minutes to prep! Enjoy this sweet and tart dessert just the way Grandma made it Chewy Oatmeal Cookies, just like Grandma used to make, are the best cookies that take you straight. Rhubarb is a vegetable, though the stalks are typically used in jams and desserts; its tart flavor View image. Rhubarb Crisp. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Here are some of Grandma's favorite crisp, cobbler, buckle, slump and other baked fruit dessert recipes, all ripe for the picking!