Easy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas.
You can cook Easy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- It’s 3 cup of cooked chicken.
- It’s 1/2 cup of roasted green chilis, chopped.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of low-fat sour cream.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 12 of white corn tortilla.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack, cheddar, or vegan cheese, shredded.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 small of onion, peeled, diced fine.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder, mild or hot.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 28 oz of 1 can, crushed fire-roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of organic sugar or agave.
- You need 1 of splash balsamic or red wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of dried cilantro, or 1 tablespoon fresh minced cilantro.
- It’s 1 of juice from a large fresh lime.
- You need 1 of cracked or lemon pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 of light olive oil, as needed.
Easy Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas guidances
- Lightly oil a 13×9" baking dish. Preheat oven to 350° F. In a mixing bowl, toss together the cooked chicken, chopped green chilies, sour cream or mayo, and lime juice; season with cracked or lemon pepper and cumin. Set aside..
- Make your Quickie Enchilada Sauce: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and gently saute' the onion and spices for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and cilantro. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes..
- To make the baked Enchiladas: Spread about a spoonful (about 4oz.) of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the oiled baking dish. Heat each tortilla in a scant amount of hot light olive oil before you stuff it, till softened. Set the warm tortilla in the prepared baking dish and coat the tortilla. Spoon one-tenth of the chicken mixture into the center of the tortilla and roll it up into place, seam side down. Repeat for the remaining tortillas. Pour the enchilada sauce all over the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro..
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted, the sauce is bubbling, and the enchiladas are hot..
- Serve with crisp green salad, and offer salsa and fresh guacamole at the table..