Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style.
You should prepare Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style using 17 components and 6 steps. Here is you how to prepare the very best foods for your household.
Active ingredients of Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style
- You need 8 of Bell Peppers, any color.
- Require 1 lb of Ground Pork.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of White rice, cooked.
- Require 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 large of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Dry White wine or Chicken stock.
- Require 1 can of Tomato paste 8oz.
- It’s 2 packages of Feta cheese 4oz..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Parsley, fresh chopped.
- Require 2 tbsp of Greek Oregano, fresh chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Thyme, fresh chopped.
- Require 1 cup of Kalamata Olives, chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of Mozzarella, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon stick.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Stuffed Peppers – Greek Style content
- Preheat oven to 350°F | Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil | Cut tops off the Bell peppers, clean and remove seeds | Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes than drain..
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat | Cook onions until translucent season with Salt & Pepper | Add garlic cook for another 2 mins | Place onions and garlic in a medium bowl off to the side to cool..
- Place pork/beef in skillet with the cinnamon stick | Season with Salt & Pepper and Cook until evenly brown | Drain grease then mix in wine and tomato paste | Turn down heat to Low and continue cooking for another 20 – 30 mins covered..
- Transfer pork/beef into a large bowl and mix in the onions/garlic and the remaining ingredients | Stuff peppers with the mixture add Mozzarella on top and arrange in a baking dish | Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake for 1 hour | Remove foil and continue baking 10 minutes, until the tops are lightly browned..
- Bon Appétit :).