Scalloped potato gratin. If you love potatoes and cheese and want an easy dish that will impress during the holidays, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter, this is it! My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. I'm talking about scalloped potatoes and potatoes au gratin.
TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese. Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes are our favorite way to make potatoes. They are a perfect side dish to pair with any meal, especially Easy Baked Glazed Ham and the Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe. You can have Scalloped potato gratin using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scalloped potato gratin
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of sprig fresh thyme.
- You need 2 clove of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of butter.
- Prepare 2 lb of russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- You need 1 of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan, plus more for broiling.
But these easy scalloped potatoes with a golden brown crust of cheese on top (which I guess qualifies them as au gratin potatoes) are closer to the ones I grew up with and I still love them for special. These easy Scalloped Potatoes are a classic dish with layers of potatoes and rich creamy cheese sauce on repeat! The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe! Is there anything better than a molten, golden-topped potato gratin?
Scalloped potato gratin guidances
- Preheat the oven to 375..
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream with a sprig of thyme, chopped garlic and nutmeg..
- While cream is heating up, butter a casserole dish. Place a layer of potato in an overlapping pattern and season with salt and pepper. Remove cream from heat, then pour a little over the potatoes. Top with some grated parmesan. Make 2 more layers. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Sprinkle some more parmesan and broil until cheese browns, about 5 minutes..
Making scalloped potatoes from scratch takes time but it is Potatoes au Gratin are also called cheesy potatoes because the white sauce is actually a cheese. This Scalloped Potato Gratin Recipe is easy to prepare and it also bakes faster. I hope you all try it and love it and won't be able to resist sharing it with your friends. SCALLOPED POTATOES, also know as AU GRATIN POTATOES. This popular (bake in the oven) creamy cheesy dish made with thinly sliced.