Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. What You'll Need To Make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. Old-Fashioned Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp has a generous crumbly oat topping to complement the tangy filling. The recipe is best served warm with ice.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from Barefoot Contessa. This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp recipe is sweet and tart with fresh strawberries and rhubarb. The extra-thick buttery oats topping stays crisp for days! You can have Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- It’s 1 of Tenderflake pie crust (Or feel free to make your own).
- It’s 3 cups of rhubarb, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 cups of strawberries cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need of Crumble topping.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of quick oats.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
This strawberry rhubarb crisp is filled with fresh strawberries and rhubarb and topped with a delicious, flaky crumble. The best strawberry dessert that's tastes amazing with a scoop of ice cream. Easy to make Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp recipe features tart rhubarb, sweet strawberries baked tender with a crumbly, oat topping, for a healthy dessert, breakfast or snack! Learn how to make this easy and delicious strawberry rhubarb crisp!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp step by step
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F..
- Remove frozen pie crust from freezer to thaw out.
- In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, brown sugar, white sugar, flour, lemon juice, and salt. Mix with a spoon until evenly combined. Set aside..
- Next, prepare the crumble topping. In a bowl, mix together the butter, flour, brown sugar, quick oats, and cinnamon. I find using your hands works best. Mix until crumbly..
- With a fork, poke holes into the bottom and sides of your pie crust.
- Fill the dough with the strawberry rhubarb mixture leveling off the top. Then, sprinkle evenly with the crumble topping..
- Bake the pie for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes. You'll know the pie is done when the filling is bubbling and the top is browned..
- Let the pie to cool for at least two hours before serving. This will allow the filling to set. serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you'd like..
What better way to celebrate springs arrival than to use two of the earliest crops there. Rhubarb Crisp is a delicious and easy dessert that takes just minutes to prep! While I love to make Apple Crisp in the fall, rhubarb crisp (or Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler) are my summertime go-tos! Strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, orange peel baked with a Several weeks ago, strawberries and rhubarb both began to show up in quantity at the store. How to make a strawberry rhubarb crisp.