Sweet Potato Pie. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Sweet Potato Pie Tips How do you make pie crust from scratch? In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Scrape the pulp out of the skin, transfer to a large bowl, and mash. Sweet Potato Pie is deliciously rich and perfect for your Thanksgiving table this year! A simple blend of baked sweet potatoes, evaporated milk and a blend of warm pumpkin pie spices fill a flaky homemade pie crust. You can have Sweet Potato Pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie
- You need 1 lb of sweet potatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of flour.
This easy dessert is a southern classic for good reason! Top it with freshly whipped cream for serving. Sweet Potato Pie is a popular southern recipe and one that. Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: You'll need these ingredients.
Sweet Potato Pie guidances
- Wash the potatoes and cut into quarters. Leave the skin on and steam for 30 minutes. Check with fork and be sure they are cooked..
- Take the skin off and mix the potatoes and butter till well blended..
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and beat till smooth..
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell and bake for 55-60 mins at 350..
You'll find the full step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for our Basic Pie Crust Recipe here. Rose McGee's Sweet Potato Comfort Pie. This pie is also drizzled with a wonderful syrup of brown sugar, pecans and maple flavoring, and then it 's baked until glazed and wonderful. Satisfy your sweet tooth with the best sweet potato pie recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. The classic sweet potato pie is a must-have on holiday sideboards throughout the South.