Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie.
You can have Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie
- Prepare 2 cups of peeled and cooked sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of sugar, divided.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of 9in unbaked pie crust.
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350..
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, 1 cup of sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt, and the spices..
- Incorporate well..
- Add the milk and continue mixing..
- Once mixed, pour into the pie crust..
- Bake for 45 minutes..
- When pie has 10 minutes left, begin the meringue..
- In a glass or copper bowl, (I use glass) beat the egg whites to soft peaks..
- Beat in 1/4 cup of sugar a tbsp at a time and beat well after each tbsp..
- Beat until stiff peaks form that are glossy and not dry..
- After 45 minutes, remove the pie from the oven..
- With a rubber spatula, transfer the meringue onto the pie. Make sure to touch the crust all around to cover completely..
- Place back in oven for 9-12 minutes to lightly brown the meringue..
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving..