Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa. I love stuffed peppers stuffed with just about anything, but these turkey stuffed peppers filled with ground turkey and brown rice, seasoned with Sprinkled the turkey with Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Subbed out the rice for quinoa and added some kale and then topped them off with. Healthy Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers.
Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Quinoa. Roasted red peppers filled with spiced ground turkey and quinoa. This Italian Stuffed Peppers recipe is gluten-free and could easily be made dairy-free by omitting the cheese on top although it does make them extra delicious! You can have Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa
- It’s 2 Tbsp of avocado oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Few dashes of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 2 cups of favorite tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine or white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh Thyme.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
- You need Packet of ground turkey.
- You need 4 of peppers.
- It’s of Shredded cheese for top (mozz recommended).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- You need of Fresh basil for garnish.
And thanks to the Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa, & Brown rice side, these beauties are full of fiber, protein and minerals! Follow up your meal of stuffed peppers with one of our Healthy Dessert Recipes. For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Yes, however you will need to cook the onion, garlic, and turkey before mixing with the other ingredients and the quinoa will also need to.
Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa step by step
- Toast dry spices in avocado oil for a few mins. Add onion,garlic, thyme and cook till translucent. Add turkey and cook till no pink shows. Add can tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine and allow to reduce. Add Parmesan and allow to melt..
- Mix quinoa to the turkey mixture..
- Cut peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Put peppers on a sheet pan and fill with turkey quinoa mixture. Top peppers with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until peppers are tender. Top with fresh basil..
I filled these green peppers with ground turkey, quinoa, red sauce and Italian seasonings. Add in the turkey and Italian seasoning, and cook until no longer pink. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa and turkey mixture. If you'd like, top the pepper with some mozzarella cheese. These Southwestern Turkey Stuffed Peppers are filled with quinoa, black beans, roasted corn, and spices.